Now accepting new students!
Youth - 13 yr+
(Please arrive to class 10 min prior to starting)
It is important to recognize the developmental needs surrounding children are very specific and broad all at the same time. For this reason children's classes are geared towards meeting the needs of the individual and group. When it comes to children, we keep our philosophy simple and expectations clear.
DEVLIN DOJO - philosophy with children
- Family comes first! A healthy and respectful understanding of relationships start at home with parents & siblings. This will carry over to all other relationships.
- Education is second. The social development and learning at school will be practiced and built on with teachers and peers.
- Karate is third. In our classes we will promote & emphasize these relationships through:
- Mental & physical stamina
- Focus and concentration
- Respect for self and others
- Improved social skills
- Courage & Self-defense
- Confidence and self-esteem
- anti-bullying strategies
- Recognizing predators & dangerous people
Are you aware you can claim up to $1000 for your child's fitness?
The Devlin Dojo karate program is a Revenue Canada recognized physical fitness activity for which you may claim your child/children's membership fees. Please follow the link for more information http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/fitness/
Youth classes are $80 month.
Additional one time fee of $20 will be charged for new students. This is for registration with the Kyokushin-Kan Honbu (headquarters), in Japan. This registration is necessary and allows students receive a members card and profile. It keeps track of your rank (Kyu) or (Dan) for testing.
We accept cash & cheques*
*cheques made out to: "Sean Devlin"